Saturday, September 27, 2008

...another Cook Inlet Saturday morning




I took a quick drive to the shores of Cook Inlet this morning hoping to get some photos of Mt. Redoubt bathed in alpenglow. But when I got there the volcano was enshrouded in clouds. No alpenglow photos this morning, I thought to myself. Then I heard some kind of snort that I knew was animal related. I looked at the edge of the water where I saw three seals cavorting about and staring directly at me. For about 45 minutes I watched them and they watched me. I also took their picture.

After a while the sun hit Mt. Spurr so I took some photos of it before I left to come home. All in all, it was a great way to start...another Cook Inlet Saturday morning.

2 comments:

Brian Spurr said...

I would love to know more about your part of the world. Mt Spurr was named after one of my relatives and I really want to visit it one day.... Brian Spurr, Durban, South Africa

DougE said...

Glad to know that you are so in tune to those animal snorts.
Ah Wally, you really know how to make a guy homesick. It's only when I see this kind of stuff that I really miss the place. I noticed how flat calm the water was. It was mornings like those that I would launch the kayak right off the beach there an paddle with those little guys. I notice that you've picked up a far away visitor.