Monday, September 22, 2008

...Fall at Russian River Campground





Those of you reading this blog on a regular basis already know how much we enjoy camping at Russian River Campground. It's a scenic place next to a famous river filled with spawning salmon and Rainbow Trout.

And I'll tell you what. It's prettiest in the Fall

That's where we were last weekend and it was beautiful. The leaves were at their brightest yellow and the mountains looked as if someone had sprinkled powdered sugar on them after the nightly snows.

We had bubbles, too. Lots of bubbles. So, here are some photos you might enjoy from...Fall at Russian River Campground.

2 comments:

DougE said...

Well done Wally,
Wouldn't you know that on the day that I skipped breakfast you would post such a descriptive tale of Moose sausage. I do miss the days of gathering vittles some where less florescent than Safeway. I'm glad you pointed out that you loved Russian River Campground so much. I hadn't figured that out on my own yet. Your fall is more advanced than ours (shorter too). But your pics are great. The new person in the office is a photog type and she says your detail and lighting is excellent.
Keep it up pal.
Doug

Wally said...

Hi Doug,
Yepper, that moose sausage was exceptionally tasty! And fall is nearly over here in Alaska. The mountains have had plenty of snow sprinkled on their peaks--kind of looks like powdered sugar fell on them. Won't be long until it covers us here in the lowlands as well. Ah, winter in AK!
Thanks for the compliments about the pics. My new camera is a ton of fun and it has more buttons and dials than I know what to do with right now. Eventually I will get them all figured out. I'll keep posting photos along the way.
Hope all is well in CO!

Wally