Tuesday, June 9, 2009

...finally







Who knows how many miles I have driven, gallons of gas I've used, or hours I've spent these past couple of weeks looking for a baby moose to take a photograph of. Its been a considerable amount of each. Then, after running errands in Kenai this afternoon we were heading back home when Mrs. Hufford says, "Moose!" And, there it was! In the middle of a side street--with a calf. We turned the truck around and went back to take photos. We watched as they walked into the woods and a few moments later they reappeared and walked across the street right in front of us. Shutters were snapping at a rapid rate and then they turned and walked right beside the truck. A couple of minutes passed and a car came down the street honking its horn. And, then they were gone. I could have watched them a while longer, but I was glad to have a picture of this year's baby moose...finally.

No comments: