Wednesday, May 20, 2009

...backyard moose

We were watching television this evening when Mrs. Hufford said, "There's a moose in our backyard." I scrambled to get my camera and asked Mrs. Hufford to sit on our treadmill, which, by the way, is the first time we've used it for something besides drying clothes in a long time, and took a photo of her with the moose. Mrs. Hufford and the moose were probably 10 feet apart and separated by the wall of our house. Both of them seemed to be in a retiring frame of mind. The moose looked relaxed and had its eyes partially closed. Mrs. Hufford just looked retired--almost. Today was her last day in front of students. She retires following a work day tomorrow at 3:30 PM, after 24 years of teaching. YEEHAW! Congratulations Mrs. Hufford! And what a great way to celebrate, with a...backyard moose.

2 comments:

Doug Emmerich said...

Nicely put Wally, once again you have found grace in the simple ways of the world. Congrats Liz on your retirement. What ever will you do with your days.
So Wally I pose to you the question, what would you have done if you came across a bear with only your cell phone to record it? I hope you wouldn't have approached a blackie with plans of getting a better image. That would be wrong.
Take Care Mon Ami.

Wally said...

Thanks Doug! I'm really hoping I have my good camera when I see the first bear of the season. But, if I only have my cell phone I promise I won't try to get closer. It will be long distance for sure (haha).

Wally