Sunday, April 24, 2011

...Hoppy Easter!

The Route: Discovery Campground Loop and the trail around the perimeter. Terrain: Snow, ice, mud, some standing water.

Sunrise over a boreal forest.

The horizon ablaze.

Easter morning self-portrait.



4:15 AM. I'm running late. I better hurry if I'm going to be back in time to see the Hufford girls hunt for Easter eggs. Gabby and I load up and book it for Capt Cook State Park. We're out and walking in the dark with little fanfare. This should be easy. The campground loop complete we head to the perimeter trail and as we near the bluff the sunrise lights up the horizon. A few quick photos and we head back to the truck. I slip the remaining dog treats to Gabby as we walk. She's really happy this morning. Back in the truck we drive home just in time to see the Hufford girls coming down the stairs. Perfect. Hope y'all have a...Hoppy Easter!







No comments: