Saturday, February 12, 2011

...Divide Mountain ski tour

A self-portrait at the beginning of the ski loops.
Part of the ski trails use the Iditarod National Historic Trail.

Beware! (It really wasn't that bad).


My idea of a name for a ski trail: Paradise.



The flag at Seward Middle School flapping in the wind. The wind was really whipping!


I drove to Seward this morning to watch Laura's volleyball team play a game against Seward Middle School. It was cold and the wind was really blowing, but the drive was beautiful thanks to clear sunny skies.
After the game I stopped by Divide Mountain Nordic ski area to ski a couple of loops on my cross country skis. The parking lot was frigid. When I put on my boots and I felt like a Popsicle by the time I was dressed in my gear. Once in the trees, however, it was very pleasant. I skied around Paradise Loop and talked with a couple from Seward who knew the trails well. Then it was back to the parking lot and the wind. I hurriedly removed my ski gear and hopped in the truck and turned on the heater for the drive home, glad to have the experience of a...Divide Mountain ski tour.

No comments: