Sunday, January 10, 2010

...Gabby goes snowshoeing

Mrs. Hufford poses for the camera while Gabby tries to wiggle away.
Gabby found my coat to be very warm.

Emily reads a story to a tired puppy.


Snowshoeing should always be followed by a nap.
Emily was at a friend's house. Laura had homework to finish. That left me and Mrs. Hufford to take Gabby on her first snowshoe trip through the woods and on to the lake ice. We made our way across the road and down our well established trail. The trees kept the wind at bay and we snowshoed our circuit of trails while Gabby nipped at exposed twigs and blades of grass with her tail straight up and wagging wildly.
All that changed when we walked on to the lake and into the wind. Gabby didn't complain much but by the time we made it to the island she was happy to sit and bask in the sun in a spot we found out of the breeze. I even took off my coat which she immediately curled up on and went to sleep.
When we got home Emily had returned and she read a story to our tired puppy. It didn't take long before Gabby was fast asleep. I'm sure she was dreaming about the first time...Gabby goes snowshoeing.

1 comment:

Keith and Jeri said...

Snowshoeing! Very fun for humans and puppies I guess. She just gets better looking with every post doesn't she? Oh by the way, who does this dog belong to, you or my nieces? I think you are enjoying her as much as anyone. Just a guess.