Sunday, April 5, 2009

...Mt. Redoubt at sunset


The evening was clear so I got in my truck and drove to the bluff for a sunset photo session of Mt. Redoubt. In the first picture you can see fishing skiffs in the foreground. They are used seasonally at a setnet site for sockeye salmon. On the other side of Cook Inlet Mt. Redoubt continues to blow steam and ash into the atmosphere. The second photo is a shot of Mt. Redoubt by itself. It truly dominates the western horizon with its plume of debris being sent skyward. Both photos are very different from yesterday's which were taken in full daylight (see previous entry). I wonder what the effect would be at sunrise? I'll have to wait and see. For now I'm glad I took these photos of...Mt. Redoubt at sunset.

4 comments:

doug said...

I like the Redoubt pictures! I have some pictures on flikr but had to stop uploading for the month. See: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dougsfotos/

I'll have to have Erin post some of the other ones on her blog when she gets a chance.

Wally said...

Thanks Doug! i will check out your photos on flikr. I don't know much about it, do they have a limit on how many photos you can upload?

doug said...

Unfortunately they limit it unless you pay them a little. Although to be able to share and comment on the photos is almost worth the $2/month. I think it's kind of fun. Haven't done it yet though.

Wally said...

Hey Doug, good pics on flickr! I particularly liked the one with the spinning carousel. Did you use a tripod? Looks like you kept the shutter open for a while to get the blurred motion? Really great. The eagles were great, too, and the shot of Morris the Moose with the sunlight coming in from the side was awesome. I tried to sign in and leave a message but I must've done something wrong because I wasn't able to access the comments section. I'll try again sometime soon.

Last fall I put some photos on photobucket. It's free, but it's difficult to find the photos I uploaded amongst all the ads. Always something.

Keep snapping that shutter release!